Liat is the lady boss behind many of Bali’s best vegan restaurants, including Earth Cafe, Zula, and Divine Earth. She came to Bali in the late 90s, opened her first restaurant in 2002, and has stayed in Bali ever since.
In addition to running DTE, she is also a trained nutritionist, macrobiotic educator, counsellor and vegetarian chef. Oh and she organizes the annual Bali Vegan Festival as well.
Some of the topics we cover:
- Why she stopped eating meat at age 12
- Why bananas are not healthy
- Cooking for celebrities like Al Pacino and Kevin Costner
- Her struggles to keep her business alive for the first several years
- What keeps her in Bali
- How she manifested the love of her life
- Why being alone is important
BECOME A PATRON: patreon.com/nobullpodcast
SHOW NOTES: People/places/things mentioned in episode
- Bali Vegan Festival: www.baliveganfestival.com/
- Candida: www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/candidiasis/index.html
- Michio Kushi: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kushi
- George Ohsawa: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ohsawa