Langston Hues grew up in Detroit, almost died as a baby, and almost became a doctor as an adult. But he decided to complete scrap that plan and go on a world tour, photographing women in hijabs as part of a modest street fashion project.
That then led to him moving to Indonesia where he collaborated with a variety of fashion brands, which then led to an acting career, which also then led to his current yoga practice.
Some of the topics we cover:
- His obsession with becoming an expat as a kid
- Being raised by his grandparents
- How/why he converted to Islam
- Acting in Indonesia
- Why he doesn’t advocate running
- Experiencing racism abroad
BECOME A PATRON: patreon.com/nobullpodcast
SHOW NOTES: People/places/things mentioned in episode
- Puja: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puja_(Hinduism)
- Omnism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnism
- Dian Pelangi: www.instagram.com/dianpelangi
- Wardah Makeup: www.wardahbeauty.com/
- Net TV: www.netmedia.co.id/