If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I am a die-hard fan of kabocha.
So, when I was thinking of what to bring to a potluck last weekend, I naturally decided on a kabocha-based dish. A bunch of you guys asked for the recipe, so HERE IT IS!!
This recipe is dairy-free & nut-free. It’s also creamy, rich, healthy, and EASY!
The hardest part is cutting the kabocha lol.
You can also see how I made it in my YouTube vid below! Please subscribe to my channel for more :)
KABOCHA MAC & CHEESE
FOR THE PASTA:
- 1 package (8 servings) pasta
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 6 cups kabocha, without skin (about 1/2 of a large squash)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tbsp miso
- 1/2 tbsp gochujang
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp mustard
- non-dairy milk (optional)
- Put kabocha and onion in large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes on low boil, or until the kabocha is very soft
- While kabocha is cooking, cook pasta according to directions
- Once kabocha is soft, place in blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients EXCEPT the milk, and blend until fully combined
- Add in milk if you want it thinner
- Drain pasta
- In a large bowl, stir in the sauce with the pasta until pasta is fully covered